To send Push notification to an application/device couple you need an unique device token (see the ObjectiveC page) and a certificate.
To generate a certificate on a Mac OS X:
- Log-in to the iPhone Developer Program Portal
- Choose App IDs from the menu on the right (or click here)
- Create an App ID without a wildcard. For example 3L223ZX9Y3.com.armiento.test
- Click the Configure link next to this App ID and then click on the button to start the wizard to generate a new Development Push SSL Certificate (Apple Documentation: Creating the SSL Certificate and Keys)
- Download this certificate and double click on aps_developer_identity.cer to import it into your Keychain
- Launch Keychain Assistant (located in Application, Utilities or search for it with Spotlight) and click on My Certificates on the left
- Expand Apple Development Push Services and select Apple Development Push Services AND your private key (just under Apple Development Push Services)
- Right-click and choose “Export 2 elements…” and save as server_certificates_bundle_sandbox.p12 (don’t type a password).
- Open Terminal and change directory to location used to save server_certificates_bundle_sandbox.p12 and convert the PKCS12 certificate bundle into PEM format using this command (press enter when asked for Import Password): openssl pkcs12 -in server_certificates_bundle_sandbox.p12 -out server_certificates_bundle_sandbox.pem -nodes -clcerts
- Now you can use this PEM file as your certificate in ApnsPHP!
Otherwise (for use only in a Mac OS X environment), export the Entrust Root Authority certificate:
- Launch Keychain Assistant (located in Application, Utilities or search for it with Spotlight) and click on System Root Certificate on top-left and Certificates on the bottom-left
- Right-click on Entrust Root Certification Authority and export with entrust_root_certification_authority.pem file name and choose as document format Privacy Enhanced Mail (.pem).
- Now you can use this PEM file as Entrust Root Certification Authority in ApnsPHP to verify Apple Peer!