How to Setup Android Application Development on Eclipse
Step1:- You need JDk 7 Download and install.
a) Download it from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
- When you click on the download button it will redirect you to another page.
- accept the license agreement and select the OS version which u have
- It will take some time to download depending on your internet speed, download it and install.
Step2:- Download and Install Eclipse IDE
- download it from this link http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- choose 32/64 bit according to your computer and click one these
- It redirects you to another page. Click on the download button and download it and install it.
Step3:- Downloading the SDK Starter Package
The Android SDK starter package is not a full development environment; it includes only the single SDK Tool, which helps you to download the rest of the SDK components as well as the latest Android platform. (Step6).
- Download the latest Android SDK starter package from the http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
- Install it, by default, it will unpack the SDK files into a directory named android-SDK- <machine-platform>.
Step4:- Installing the ADT Plug-in for Eclipse
- To install the ADT Plugin, you can use the Eclipse update feature. Through this you can easily download the ADT Plugin.
- Check for ADT updates.
a) Start Eclipse, then go to select -> Help -> Install New Software.
b) Click Add, in the top-right corner.
c) In the Add Repository dialog, In the Name field and in the Location field, enter this URL: https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ and click ok.
d) Select the checkbox and click the NEXT button to Developer Tools, which will automatically select the nested tools Android DDMS and Android Development Tools and then click next.
f)Click next and then accept the license agreement and click finish.
Step5:- Downloading rest of the SDK files
a) Go to windows option and select Preference option.
b) Then select android option from and then select android option from the left corner and then click on browse and give SDK package directory and click ok.
c) Now again go to windows option and click on Android SDK manager.
d) Select the tools and select platform as per your development needs, and after that click on install packages and install it.
Now your android application development System is ready.