Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) developed by National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through the mobile phone. BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) and bank accounts.
Know how to download BHIM app:
1. Go to play store and click on Install and wait for the download to complete.
2. After installing the BHIM app open the app and select the preferred language. English and Hindi is the available languages now.
3. Click on NEXT. Again click on NEXT
4. Tap on the menu “let’s get started” and verify your mobile number with the app.
5. Try to make sure the number registered with the bank should be verified.
6. Select the sim card in case you have a dual sim mobile and click on next button to get your mobile number automatically verified.
7. Enter a 4 digit password and confirm it.
8. Select your bank. Then you will get a list of bank accounts registered with the number and bank you selected.
9. Select the bank account you want to use with this app and do transactions.